Diversity is at the core of the Company's commitment to ethical business practices.
Alagasco's diversity initiative is rooted in the Statement of Principles of our parent company, Energen Corporation:
We will conduct our business and earn a profit based on ethical standards and values which recognize:
- The dignity and worth of all individuals;
- Commitment to excellence in performance;
- Personal and business integrity; and
- Courage of convictions and action.
We are committed to building and encouraging a diverse and inclusive corporate culture that recognizes, supports and values both the differences and similarities in all individuals.
Alagasco's diversity initiative encourages all employees to reach their full potential. Our program includes:
- Valuing Difference workshops: a non-threatening opportunity for employees to explore their personal beliefs and values and understand Alagasco's expectations regarding diversity.
- Managing Difference workshops: an opportunity for managers to develop and practice the management skills that support a diverse workforce.
- Corporate Diversity Council: a cross-section of volunteers from throughout the organization that serves as a sounding board to executive management regarding diversity issues in the organization.
- Division Diversity Councils: a cross-section of volunteers from throughout each Division that reinforces and perpetuates diversity awareness in that division.
- Diversity Grant Program: a way to fund employee-identified and employee-developed initiatives that increase awareness or address diversity issues among work groups.
- Magic City Classic ticket sales: the sale of tickets to this event by the Division Diversity Councils to employees at a reduced rate; proceeds are then used by the Councils for a diversity-related initiative in their communities.
We believe a diverse work force enriches our work environment and assists our Company in meeting the needs of our employees as well as our customers, vendors, and shareholders. Our diverse, inclusive work environment is a competitive business advantage that supports our recognition as an employer of choice.